One of the biggest causes of delays in the editing process is gathering and interpreting your client feedback. The Motion Array Review is an easy to use solution for your edit review and feedback process.
What is Review?
Review by Motion Array is a secure space that allows you to upload and share your video projects with clients and team members. Review will enable collaborators to join in a conversation and comment directly against the video — no more estimated timecode headaches.
Review is simple to use for both the editor and the collaborators, and creates a dedicated place for your ongoing projects, keeping you organized and your clients happy. Let’s see what the platform can do.
1. Uploading Your Video for Review
Before we begin uploading your first video, you need to access Review. Log in to your Motion Array account, click My Account, followed by Review. This will take you to the review system dashboard.
- From the Dashboard, select the Upload button.
- Drag and drop your video from your computer to the uploader box.
- Add your titles and description.
- Make sure you select the For Review checkbox.
- If you want to password protect your project, select to do so, and choose a password.
- You can also enable the Download option, which will allow your client to download the video.
- Once the upload is complete, select a thumbnail from the options provided, or choose to upload your own image.
- Hit Save, and your done!
2. Customizing Your Review Page
From the Dashboard, select your newly uploaded video to go to the Video Review Page. The review system allows you to customize the page by adding a logo and a unique URL.
- Drag and drop your logo to the box in the top left corner of the page.
- Go back to your Account Settings and select Portfolio.
- Select the Portfolio Settings tab.
- If you don’t have your own domain, you can choose one to use with the system’s own .post.pro URL.
- If you do have your own domain, it can be linked to your Motion Array account so that all your edits appear under your bespoke URL.
3. Sending Your Edit for Review
Great, your video is now uploaded, and the page has been customized. You’re ready to send it to your client for review.
- From your Video Review Page, select the Share button.
- Add in your collaborators’ email addresses.
- If you want to, you can add a message with more details about the project.
- Hit Send Notification and an email will be sent to your collaborator including a link back to the Review page.
4. How Collaborators Can Leave Feedback
Leaving feedback on any edit is incredibly intuitive and easy to use. The interface is simple, and your collaborators should have no problems picking up the process. You can always send them to this article if they need some guidance.
- To watch the video through click the Play button. You can also press the space bar to stop and start the video.
- When you want to comment on the video, pause the player at the appropriate frame. The arrow keys will allow you to move through the video frame by frame so you can be super precise.
- Type your comment in the box provided and hit Send.
- The message will be listed on the right side of the screen, with an exact timecode of each comment. You will also see a marker added to the video player to indicate where in the video the comment is made.
- To be even more precise with your feedback, pause the video, and click on the area of the screen you wish to discuss. When you make a comment, a blue marker will be added to the screen for that frame of the video.
5. Manage Video Review Versions
Once your collaborators have left feedback on the edit, it’s time for you to make the changes. You already know that the comments are time-coded, and can be relied on, but only you can decide how you go about editing.
- To keep your collaborators up to date on the project, you can check off each comment as you have completed it.
- If you are unsure of any of your collaborators’ comments, you can reply to them directly from the edit review page.
- Once you’ve completed the edit, you will need to upload it for review. Go back to your Review dashboard.
- Underneath the most recently uploaded edit select the Settings wheel, followed by Manage Versions.
- Drag and drop the new version to the upload box.
- Once uploaded, it will be designated the next draft of the same video.
- Go back to the Video Review page, and in the top right there will be a Versions dropdown menu. This allows you to look through all the previous edits of a particular project. It also keeps all the comments for each edit, so you can check back if you’ve missed something.
The Motion Array Review is a great way to organize all of your edit feedback and video versions. Not only can this save you time sorting through emails from various collaborators, but it also looks super impressive to clients. When a project is completed, your collaborators can download final videos, and you can add it to your portfolio with just a couple of clicks.