Visual storytelling is a powerful form of expression, and it’s no longer limited to movies or television anymore. Creating unique, engaging, and even humorous online content is a nearly essential skill these days, and these funny stock photos speak for themselves.
If you’ve got a unique idea for a clever post, chances are you’ll need the perfect funny photo to accompany it. So unleash your inner comic with these funny images, and maybe get some inspiration along the way!
Part 1: Top 40 Hilarious and Funny Stock Photos
1. Having Fun In Autumn
This one is perfect for any fun fall content! If you are looking for photos of a family or young couple photos being silly and in love, this will also add a bit of a hilarious twist.
2. Old Woman With a Calculator
Sometimes we forget the wisdom of our elders or just ignore them. With this photo, you can definitely remind your audience grandma knows best, and she won’t let it go this time!
3. Using a Hairdryer
We all need to let our emotions out when the day seems to have turned on us. This photo is great for the times clients or coworkers were a bit too much!
4. Business Man Defending Himself
Competition at work is always fierce, and some are more prepared for the challenge than others. This might be just the right kind of fun and play when presenting company numbers or announcing team-building activities.
5. Crazy Cook
We might all wonder what happens at the kitchens in posh restaurants. Chefs usually have a cooking style of their own, but maybe next time you might not want to complain!
6. Air Guitar With Broom
This funny stock image is proof that you can rock out while cleaning your sock (drawers) out. But no one beat Mrs. Doubtfire! Use this photo for your next big social media announcement.
7. Funny Couple in Underwear Store
All couples have moments where they need some advice. Or maybe your spouse is just too keen to win the Halloween costume contest this year!
8. Business Woman On The Phone
Once in a while, we all need to make work-life a bit more balanced and relaxed. Maybe remind your HR team casual Fridays nowadays might include some additional accessories!
9. Little Dog In Pink Clothes
This photo is just the right amount of chic and posh, with a bit of spice! Definitely boldly going where no Yorkie has gone before.
10. Funny Face
This is a moment when others think having kids is a great idea, yet really don’t know how much birthdays mean they better get what they want. You don’t want to know what comes next!
11. Young Man Eating Spaghetti
People were not joking when they said that a way to man’s heart is through their stomach. But this is a reminder it also passes through the mouth; no utensils needed!
12. Dog Disco
When your best friend knows what you need on a Friday night! We really don’t deserve dogs, especially one this creative and cool!
13. Head Through The Wall
Remember the times we were curious if walls can really hear us? Well, now we can put a face to the wall.
14. Cows Kissing
This wholesome, sweet, and funny stock image of a cow kissing another cow will really moo-ve you. Why would anyone say it was a moo point anyway?
15. Manager With Small Bicycle
When we wonder what our bosses do behind their doors in their big offices. If you thought golfing or a hot tub, you should think again!
16. Potty Training
There comes a time in life where you think some things should never have to be faced again. But remember it should not stay in the livingroom!
17. Little Boy Lying On A Lawn
School’s out, but you might miss the cool cold grass where you scored many goals! But the warmth of the sun and the sweet, sweet delight knowing you’ll never have to do another math problem again. See you next year!
18. Couple Walking Along Market
If you are looking to promote your product in a creative way, why not creatively put it within the context of a funny photo. This is perfect for a fashion brand looking to showcase their new traveler t-shirt collection or just a fun post about traveling tips for couples.
19. Playing With Smoke Flares
Although moms and dads worry their daughters might be too whimsical, there are moments in life when you realize their future calling is right in front of your eyes. Cheerleader squad?
20. Rollerwoman In Yellow
If you think doing the splits for pilates class would be hard, put on some rollers and music and let gravity do the rest! Make sure you have one person supervising.
21. Couple Having Fun In New Home
So what is the first thing that you would do to christen your house? Well, some might just put their boxes to good use!
22. Food And Health Protection
A still-life portrait of life giving you lemons in 2021. No wall can stop or let you run away from making lemonade this year!
23. Man With Supermarket Cart
If you are looking to encourage online shopping for your ecommerce brand without being too salesy, use this funny photo with a catchy phrase. Must…use…expiring…coupon!
24. Man Helping His Friend Move Out
When they said it might be better to hire professionals, you decided offering pizza to friends would be a better incentive. But who said you can’t play hide and seek while packing? A perfect photo of how not to move!
25. Funny Chihuahua At Home
When you thought mommy was hot and perfect to sleep next to but then realize she might be a bit too clingy! We might need to renegotiate some of our boundaries. The best photo to show how not to smother your puppy!
26. Dog Lying Comfortable In Bed
Sometimes we all have to come to the realization that dogs are the king of the house. They all just wait for the right moment to steal your throne! Learn how to set better boundaries with your pet from this photo.
27. Hanging Out At Office Building
When you can’t get time off from work because your boss is on holiday, but your coworkers know exactly what you need to feel better. You canceled skydiving, no problem! Definitely a great teamwork photo.
28. Men Fooling Around With Girlfriend
When you really want to know what they want for dinner, you gotta get closer and more intimate. Well, make sure you have some snacks with you just in case! A great photo for relationship advice posts.
29. Viewing A Picture With A Funny Face
When people ask you to take a photo, make sure you don’t overdo the directions. Who cares if the photo turns out bad? At least you are not in it. Use this photo when showcasing that some wedding photographers need more experience.
30. Funny Grandpa DJ
When you ask grandpa to help with the wedding, he might just have the right grooves to make it epic. Or get ready for an interesting experience that no one will forget! This photo is a great reminder that some things are worth spending your money on your wedding day.
31. Pregnant With Donut Eyes
When you can’t eat what you want but you can buy it and make a photoshoot! Who said pregnant women can’t enjoy donuts? They should always use food for baby photoshoots. A great find to use when giving moms great tips on social media posts!
32. Smiling Child In A Bathtub
Always beware when your child is too quiet, especially in the bathtub. Some kids can get really creative and others act out scenes for the next best sci-fi movie! Definitely a good option when sharing posts about quality time with kids.
33. Shocking News
When teaching grandpa to use new technology, make sure they know YouTube might have too much visual information. Nobody wants to know from where they put extra hair on your head!
34. In A Hurry
Some love to play charades until you realize your friend was showing you their new moonwalking dance! Just make sure to be impressed.
35. Superwoman Ironing Laundry
When your husband had other ideas about role-playing, make sure he helps you finish all the chores. There might be some dessert waiting at the end! This photo is just ready to use in your next meme.
36. Woman Opening Gift Box
When your friend is truly surprised by the gift you got them, you might want to catch their reaction to remember the moment. Just make sure you got the date right! Perfect choice for a post on what not to get from Amazon.
37. Food Delivery Man Fail
When the promise is 30 minutes or your pizza is free, all delivery men do not let even a broken car slow them down. As they say, rain or snow, all things get delivered. No one said it had to be hot right?
38. Yawning Businessman
When you wonder if your boss knows this is the 100th time he has told you this story, just make sure you keep smiling. It has been proven yawning is contagious, maybe even over the phone? Great photo to use when sharing business tips and tricks online.
39. Constipation Concept
We all have those moments our bottoms want to help us break the silence. Remember hands work best when you cover your mouth!
40. Alarm Clock
You had big dreams for your day until you realized once you snooze, you always lose. Now is the time to cut your losses and break up with your alarm clock!
Part 2: Creative Ways to Use Funny Photos on Social Media
Great! You found a funny photo to use in your next social media post. But now what? How do you make your post stand out from all the other hilarious and engaging posts? Take a look at some of these amazing tips and tricks to create amusing posts for your followers or help you grow your brand image with a freshly witty touch.
1. Keep to a Font Theme
- Decorate your funny stock photos with images, texts, and branding – a little flourish can go a long way!
- Be sure to use a font that’s easy to read, as opposed to heavy cursive or windings. If you want to switch it up, use different fonts within the same family (ex. Serif with Serif)
2. Format Your Photos for Social
- For example, horizontal graphics look great on Stories, whereas square graphics fit perfectly in your feed.
- Adding a background to your image can help it fit in nicely with your feed, while also catching your audience’s eye.
3. Create Cohesive Sequences in Your Feed
- Stock photos often come in sequences or themes of their own – play around with a collection of funny stock photos to create a quick-witted visual story!
- Blending funny stock photos with your own collection is a great way to personalize your humorous feed.
- Meme it up! A photo with a clever caption written directly on it, or a “meme” is a fantastic way to connect with a younger audience.
4. Choose Photos that Allow you to Add Overlays
- Photos with ample negative space or a monochrome background are excellent for overlaying with text, effects, or even another similar photo.
Think Ahead: Match your call to action to your post goals.
- Entertain: If you’re looking to entertain your audience, leaning into relatable but wholesome humor is absolutely the best way to go.
- Educate/Inform: If you’re looking to educate or inform your audience, take a break from the trending infographic style and lean more into pairing a funny stock photo with an informational lesson.
- Provoke: Pair a funny stock photo with a thought-provoking caption.
- Inspire: Who says humor can’t be inspiring? Pair a silly meme with a serious call-to-action. This can attract more viewers to your post, and help you reach your goals.
As you can see, using funny stock photos for your creations is an excellent (and free) way to connect with multiple audiences while also tapping into your inner comedian. When inspiration strikes but you’re not sure which image to use, have fun with one of the curated 40 funny stock photos above – or even search websites to find some for yourself! Use a bold and creative font, double-check the spelling, and use creative overlays to make the most of your funny stock photos.