Are you a video editor looking to acquire a new collection of effect presets? Perhaps, you’re a complete tyro who’s not sure how to get started using them? Either way, you’re in luck!
We’ve put together a comprehensive list of free Premiere Pro CC presets followed by helpful steps to create and edit your own. We hope all of your new freebies will help improve your workflows and make your video editing more efficient.
Part 1: Premiere Pro CC Presets You Can Download for Free
To ensure we’re all on the same page, Premiere Pro presets (or effect presets as they’re also called) are a list of saved effects used by editors when creating high-end resolution videos. While effect presets do come installed with Adobe Premiere Pro, using these default presets can get quite irksome (and boring to use) over time.
To combat bland fallbacks, we’ve compiled a diverse list of free Premiere Pro text, transition, color, overlay, photo/video, and zoom preset packs that will help you make superb videos — no matter what you’re editing.
Text presets are just perfect for any creator looking to add a variety of effects to specific text in videos. These free options will help you create dynamic and stunning text.
1. Free Premiere Pro Presets
Create amazing effects for your text with this pack which includes several Destruction effects.
2. Free 20 Pack Title Presets
Make your project stand out among competitors with these 20 unique title animations and presets. Easy to use, without plugins!
3. Free Animated Text Preset Pack
Use this preset pack which contains 13 free animated titles to enhance your video. These amazing shake & bounce animations will sure make you stand out!
4. Free 5 Animated Title Presets
This animated preset option comes updated with the new “Motion Graphics Templates” which you can also transfer to your After Effects file.
5. Free Premiere Pro Text Presets
Get access to 5 presets primarily for texts or titles. You can also use these presets for images or logos.
Enhance your projects and make your videos stand out with visually stunning transitions. Browse these options to level up your game!
6. Free Film Roll Offset Transition
Use these transitions for Premiere Pro to increase footage value.
7. Free 20 Smooth Transitions Preset Pack
This pack contains 20 transition effects, such as Smooth Slide, Luma Fade, Smooth Spin, and Lens Distortion presets for various travel or vlog creators.
8. Free Lens Distortion Transitions
Use these free effects to warp frame edges and even conceal edit points.
9. Free 15 Warp Transition Presets
This preset pack contains 15 fantastic zoom in and out effects that are quite easy to use.
10. Free Transition Pack
This preset pack has 6 rad transitions that can be used on shots, pictures, or titles for a striking look and smooth animation.
11. Free Smooth Transitions Zoom Effects
These smooth zoom effects will definitely improve the quality of your transition from clip-to-clip.
12. 4 Pack Smooth Transition
Pack includes transitions like the clockwise spin, anti-clockwise spin, and whip transitions.
13. Free Zoom Transition
Use this collection to make amazing zoom and camera whip effects for your project.
Color presets for Adobe will give your audience a real feeling of what’s on-screen. You’ll get the euphoria of being able to simulate the look of popular films with professional results.
14. Free 10 Color Presets
Amazing set of color presets to stylize your clips. This download works with any resolution.
15. Free Cinematic LUTs Pack
This exclusive pack contains 8 cinematic LUTs, dramatic looks, and free help files to add unique effects to your videos.
16. Free Retro Preset Pack
17. Free Wedding LUT Presets Pack
Give your wedding clips adorable looks with these inspired wedding LUTs for both log and standard camera profiles. Create a free Dropbox account to access the download.
18. Free Cinematic LUTs Pack
Nothing beats the high-quality LUTs embedded within this pack. You’ll be pleased to know that this pack also works with After Effects, Sony Vegas, and Da Vinci Resolve.
19. Free RGB Split Preset Pack
This will make you ultimately get the RGB Split effects without having spot-on without having to make guesses.
Check out these awesome effect preset packaged with glistening effects designed for your video footage. The results can only be limited by your imaginations.
20. Free Edgy Reveals
Features 5 stunning reveals which will give your clip an edgy look. Get this nice presets for FREE.
21. Free 5 Glitch Presets Pack
Awesome presets to set you on track giving viewers eye-catching effects. This pack is perfect for beginners too.
22. Free Handheld Camera Presets
Pack includes 5 presets to give your footage that camera shake, handheld effect. Contains 3 handheld effects and 2 impact effects.
23. Free Jarle’s Premiere Pro Presets
An all-encompassing pack containing 106 presets with audio tools (such as reverb ring out), transitions, custom looks, and more.
24. Free TV Snow (Stock Footage)
Enjoy this FREE video preset for video intros and vlog titles.
If you need some help installing and using your newly downloaded presets, check out this tutorial. Nothing can beat the faster turnover you will achieve once you get started with these new presets!
Part 2: How To Make Your Own Custom Presets
Basically, any clip that you can keyframe can become a preset for you to save and use later for any other project you may have in the future. By this, you don’t have to edit effects and set the keyframes manually all over again.
The following steps will guide you on how to create and save effect presets made by you.
- Within Premiere Pro CC, select the video clip to which you have applied one or more effect presets settings. For example, ease in, ease out, corner pin, etc.
- In the Effects Control panel, select the effect you wish to make a preset out of and then right-click.
- From the list of dropdown options, select Save Preset and type in your desired preset name in the dialog box that appears.
Choose from 3 preset types:
- Scale: This allows keyframes to scale in proportion to the video clip length. They’ll pretty much scale to however long your clip is instead.
- Anchor To In Point: In contrast to scaling, this preset type is saved so that the first keyframe effect is added at the original distance from the In point of the clip.
- Anchor To Out Point: Instead of retaining set distance from clip In point, this type keeps keyframe effects relative to the Out point position of a clip. Other effects are added in relation to this point with no scaling.
Once you’re done, click OK and there it is, you have your own first preset!
To make use of your own modified preset, open the Effects panel. Then expand the Presets folder to reveal a drop-down list of your saved presets. Select and drag your desired preset on to video timeline.
If you desire to modify any preset you create by changing its name, type, or even description, you just need to select the Effects panel and right-click on the preset you wish to edit, and then select Preset properties. The same dialog box that popped up when you first created the preset will appear again, and then you can make your desired changes.
Of what use is it if you can’t share your creative work with people for appreciation or even for money? If you want to share your presets, follow the steps listed below.
- In the Effects panel, select the Presets folder and right-click on the desired preset.
- Select Export Presets. This will take you to your files folder on your computer where you can save your presets for future access or sharing purposes.
- In the options where you select Export presets, you can choose Import Presets instead (in case you have the desired collection of presets that you want to retrieve and use in Premiere Pro).
Using these free Premiere Pro presets gives you a better and easier way to create captivating videos. With all these new freebies to work with and steps to create your own, you can rest assured that your efficiency is about to increase big time!
Didn’t find what you’re looking for? Browse Motion Array’s hundreds of other great Premiere Pro presets packs.